1. The 2nd Muntinlupa Student Film Festival is open to all college students from schools in Muntinlupa.
2. Students must submit a duly accomplished application form signed and approved by their school professor. Visit www.yanangmuntinlupa.com to download the application form. The application form must be submitted to the organizers on or before October 30,2014 for review and approval. Only approved applications are eligible to join the MSFF.
3. Application is FREE. There are absolutely NO FEES to be collected from the students and schools in order to apply or submit an entry
4. Entries should have been made after August 15, 2014.
5. Open in two 2 categories: Music Video and Short Documentary.
6. The theme of the 2nd MSFF is “Inspiring Positive Change… Advancing Women’s Rights, Empowerment and Equality”. All entries should be aligned to this this theme.
7. Maximum length of entries is limited to 5 minutes in the Music Video category, 10 minutes in the Short Documentary category inclusive of both OBB and CBB. Maximum length for trailers of entries is 30 seconds. There is no minimum length for entries.
8. In accordance to the copyright laws, music used in any entry must be original, licensed or in the public domain.
9. Entries must be submitted together with the submission form stating the filmmaker’s name/s, school, category, total running time, production company and contact number. Files and documents required are;
- One (1) DVD movie copy of the film and its trailer and jpeg file of poster design.
- One (1) separate disc containing the .AVI, .MOV and MP4 copy of the film.
- One (1) page synopsis of the film in English or Filipino and limited to 200 words.
10. To qualify for the Most Shared Movie Trailer and Most Liked Movie Poster categories, movie posters and trailers of all entries must be submitted to the organizers on or before November 28, 2014 which will be posted on the Yan ang Tama, Yan ang Muntinlupa and Muntinlupa Gender and Development Facebook pages.
Likes and shares on the official Facebook pages will be added. The movie poster with most shares and trailer with the most number of likes by 12noon on January 30 will win.
11. There will be 2 rounds of judging: preliminary screening and the final judging. A panel of judges consisting of City officials, educators and filmmaking experts will conduct the screening and judging and select films that will be presented at the Film Festival.
12. There will be 8 finalists for each category. The Selection Committee reserves the right to award the finalist status to any number of entries, less or more than the allotted slots.
13. Entries who will be chosen as finalists must comply with the additional requirements:
- Two (2) DVD copies of the film entry with subtitles in .MOV high resolution format
- One (1) high resolution print of the film’s poster design printed in A3 paper
- Other additional requirements as may be determined by the MSFF Committee